Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

Well, today is apparently 'President's Day'.

My kids are off of school today and tomorrow....my stepkids are off ALL week. The stepkids have a dental appointment today....so Mark took them there and their mom is supposed to meet him. Mark has class tonight, so we really can't keep the kids since he will not be home. We will probably get them back by Wednesday or so....

Seems we are always trying to arrange schedules--I suppose that is normal for any family!

Mark's birthday is Thursday. He will be 37. I am a year and 5 months older than him, so for a few months now, I will appear to only be one year older :) I can't believe I will be 39 this year!
UGH. Anyway, I am not sure what to do for Mark's big day.... I ordered him something online, but I have a bad feeling it won't arrive in time. Either way, all of us will be together and cake will be made....ice cream will be served! Possibly lasagna :) (Mark's favorite)

I found another new friend on Facebook! Her name is Kelly and we were friends in 8th-10th grade. We had some fun times together! She lives in Texas now. We are attempting to catch up, but there is so much time to cover! I'm sure we are both much different than we were last time we chatted....time truly changes us. We will see!

I'm feeling ill-ish today......I am SO ready to have treatments again. I mean, I am scared of the side-effects, but it doesn't really matter anymore. I talked to the Rheumatologist this morning and I am set for an infusion this Thursday morning (Mark's birthday!). We'll have to pray that my body receives it well!!!

Since Mark has class tonight, I am going to try to spend some time with the boys. Maybe eat out...go shopping? I checked the movie listing and there isn't anything they all would like.

My friend at work gave me a Kohl's card with $45 on it! That is SO helpful since Alex is going on a 3 day trip in a few weeks....he is involved with Youth In Government and will be mentored by a Senator! He really needed some new pants and a button-down. God just keeps blessing me!!!

I better go! Almost time to leave work!

Blessings!

~Bethany :)

No comments: