Thursday, January 29, 2009

Facebook

Apparently, our state missed the lovely weather that is annoying the folks below us. There has been a lot of ice....I know this because some of my Facebook pals live in Kentucky and they were hit real good! We really should call Mark's dad and see how he is doing in that mess...he lives down there in horse country.

I really like how Facebook works. I've found people that I knew when I was in 5th and 6th grade for Pete's sake! I even found my 6th grade teacher. She remembered my red hair :)
I found my older brother's best friend from high school, which is nice since my brother has passed away (February 13, 2006)...he reminds me of Steve and it makes me feel better for some strange reason.

I also have become 'friends' again with people from my church youth group so many years ago. Even my youth minister is on there! Oh, and people that I've known through the years in college or in past jobs. It's really cool!

I don't really spend much time on Facebook but it's nice to know that those people are there. I have a connection with each and every one of them. I do not become 'friends' with anyone I don't really know or that I shouldn't have a relationship with for whatever reason. One must be smart. Afterall, it is still the Internet. All kinds of weirdees get on there!

I am at work. Gonna leave soon. Mark and I are supposed to go out tonight. Maybe we will use our giftcard for Stir Crazy....that's a fun place to eat :)

Seems everyone is fighting some type of illness or another....my oldest stepdaughter is sick with a cold/fever, G. has a runny nose and Mark and I are feeling a little off. We gotta pray that we can fight off whatever is going around!

Blessings!!!

~Bethany :)

No comments: