Sunday, January 25, 2009

Abby

Matt 19:14 - Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

'You know why the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like the children? Because children can have cancer, be in agony, throw up 30 times a day, barely able to walk, need morphine just to keep from crying... and still give hugs, say 'I love you', dance with her friends, smile, be thankful and never once complain.

Then we grow up... and moan about unfairness, express discontent about what we don't have, murmur and grump over every discomfort, say 'I love you' only when we feel like it is deserved, forget to be thankful and of course, we are WAY too embarrassed to dance, showing our love for just being alive.'

Mark says not to read sad things....and I understand why, because I tend to get 'involved' and I tend to worry about our kids. But these families need all the prayer they can get! If my baby was sick or even dying or had cancer....whatever....I would want to have as many people pray as possible!! I respect what Mark is saying, but I need to pray for my sister's children.

The first few paragraphs above are from another blog by the Rigg family. Their adopted daughter has cancer and is struggling to get through treatment. I thought this father's words were so profound....it is completely true!

I had to share!
I am going to put a link to the Rigg's family's blog on the side...please pray for this sweet baby girl.

Blessings,
Bethany :)

No comments: