Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Photo Fun

So, Brent Riggs (Riggs Family Blog) posted on his Linky Tools Blog this picture (see above).  The object is to take this photo (which is Brent's) and make it better!  In the process, all who participate will learn a thing or two about photo editing (hopefully!)
This picture is my edit.  Basically, I just went into Lightroom 3 and clicked on some of the presets to get an idea of what I'd like to do....I clicked on 'yesteryear' and my husband (who was sitting behind me) said, "Hey, that looks exactly like a picture my dad would have taken on vacation in the 70's!".  SO, I kind of ran with it :)  I adjusted the saturation of the blue to get the sky to stand out a little more and the yellow...to pop the flowers out some more.  I put old fashioned corners on.  Done!  It's simple, but it does remind one of those old photos, eh?

Blessings!
~Bethany :)

7 comments:

Mommy2Four said...

I like it .... kinda an olden feel, ya know!

Bethany said...

I know! I was just thinking, it would be fun to make a vacation album with this same preset. Hmmm...

SisterTipster said...

I use the aging feature a lot on pics~AWESOME! ;-))

Bethany said...

Hi Sister :) It's fun that we have all this technology to play with!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Very nice!

Sweet Joni said...

Love the round edges! :-)

carlotta cisternas said...

Love this edit! The vintage-y feel is great :)