Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All Grown Up

I found this picture on our church website. The kids in the youth group try to find creative ways to present announcements each Sunday....this particular time, Alex and his friend Brad told announcements as though they were heralds of sort, playing fanfare music between each announcement.

He's always doing cool things like that :)

It's a strange time in our home. It feels weird to know that Alex is going to college. Yesterday, we were talking about October 25th....David Crowder will be coming to our church for a concert. I told Alex not to worry, he could come home that weekend and go with us. He said, "Oh yeah. I'll be in college then". It's just weird. Odd. I can't quite grasp it!

When I graduated high school, I absolutely could not WAIT to go to college. I was living with my father at that time, had no real relationship with my mother and I felt excited to be moving on to bigger and better things! I love my father and all, but my stepmother at the time wasn't the nicest person in the world. And we weren't a very close family. I was more than ready to go.

With Alex, it's different. He will be missed. I think Alex is feeling a bit stressed about the impending change as well. I mean, he's excited to go, don't get me wrong, but his emotions seem to be a bit off right now.

I am sure that when he actually goes and settles in, all will be fine. I mean, he is going to be coming back home. And he isn't going to be that far away.

Alex is all grown up.

Blessings!

~Bethany :)

No comments: