Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blended Thanksgiving Festivities!




Happy Thanksgiving!

This our 2nd Thanksgiving as a stepfamily and plans are now underway! Actually, while Mark and I were dating, we celebrated once, but this is our official 2nd Turkey Day!

This year, we are doing things a little different. Seems that EVERY holiday that we've had in Michigan have been celebrated at my Uncle and Aunt's house. And we always have a wonderful time together! My dad is there as well and sometimes my cousin and his wife. Well, this year, my cousin and his wife have a brand new baby girl! She was born on November 6th...which will be easy to remember since Gabe, my youngest, was born on November 8th. Anywho....they will be at my Aunt and Uncle's but we decided to have dinner with Mark's brother and his wife this year. Then, on Friday, we will go visit my family and see the baby and such. We thought it would be a good idea for my Uncle and Aunt to have some time with the baby this year, since she is so new and all. It does get a little hectic with all the children running around crazy-like :) Sooner than not, she will be running around with a runny nose like the rest of them!

We're excited to go to Brad and Kathy's to eat together and play Killer Bunnies :) My cousin introduced us to this awfully fun card game....you should check into it! My only problem is trying to figure out what to cook :) Sweet potato pie, sweet potato casserole....corn casserole....what??
I told Kathy not to be concerned with what the kids will like. They are all way too picky! Mark and I decided that we don't care what they eat on holidays anyway. Who wants to stress about that on a day of thanksgiving? Not me!!

If someone by chance happens to read this, I pray that your Thanksgiving is blessed and stress-free!!!

~Bethany :)

No comments: